- Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add half a jigger of lemon juice.
- Next add half a jigger of syrup (ideally use a pre-made syrup like Funkin Sugar Cane syrup or mix your own with 0.37oz of water and 0.37oz of sugar).
- Next pour one measure of your favourite bourbon (Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark or Canadian Club are recommended).
- Lastly break one egg and pour the white in to the shaker, taking extra care to not let eggshell or yolk creep in.
- Shake the mixture hard for 20 seconds.
- Pour the cocktail through your shaker’s strainer, in to a whiskey glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge or orange twist. Add a cherry if you’re feeling gaudy.