By Santiago ‘Pichín’ Policastro ‘ The Gallant Bartender’
- The bartender is an artist and mixology is an art that is nurtured by spirit, flavour, aroma, colour, genius, and imagination.
- The mission of the bartender is to offer happiness, not drunkenness.
- Make friends out of your guests, not guests out of your friends.
- Never serve a drink without a smile.
- Speak what needs to be said, never listen to that which you shouldn’t hear, and always forget the confidences of the guest.
- Be the most elegant, cleanest and most cordial at all times, in all places.
- Do not play tricks with the drinks or play with the trust of the client; always serve the best. Don’t serve anything you wouldn’t drink yourself.
- Never stop experimenting, but never do it at the cost of the guest.
- Throw away the ‘mathematical formulas’ of mixology; imagination is the most essential ingredient.
- Be proud to be a bartender, but deserve it.