1. Wash“Great skin is clean skin and the cornerstone of looking well groomed”
When a guy looks good it is often because he understands the mechanics of good cleansing. Clean, healthy skin, means removing both the excess waste and oils excreted through the skins pores and also atmospheric pollution.
Ditch the soap. Its time to wash well. Should we really be using the same product on our butt, feet and face? Facial skin is delicate and regular soap can dry it out and damage its natural healthy appearance. Replace your soap with a liquid wash that will clean your skin gently and thoroughly.
Wake up to the benefits of a good facial cleanser. Skin is naturally acidic ( around PH 6) whereas soap is alkaline. The new generation of facial cleansers are closer to our skins ph level and will leave it feeling refreshed and relaxed never dry and tight.
- Use morning and night
- Wet face first with water
- Squeeze a coin sized amount into your palm and lather up
- Massage foaming facial wash into wet face taking care near eyes. Don’t forget your neck and ear area!
- Rinse thoroughly with clean running water several times to remove residue
- Pat dry
2. Scrub“Exfoliating improves the tone and texture of the skin and helps to keep it clear and blemish free”
Deep clean your skin. As a guy matures a face wash alone may not be enough to remove the build up of our dead skin cell. So invest in a facial scrub/exfoliator. The tiny beads or grains dispersed throughout the liquid will make light work of unclogging pores and sloughing away dead skin debris.
Look fresher with visibly more radiant skin. Scrubbing is simple effective and the results are instant. You will also benefit from a smoother shave.
Tread softly and choose a gentle scrub with tiny grains (the larger grains in cheaper scrubs may tear the skin.) Scrub is a product not an instruction, so be gentle.
- Use once a week if your skin is sensitive and up to three times if it is oily.
- Squeeze an amount the size of a coin into your palm
- Rub into a damp face in circular motions (taking care to avoid the eye area)
- Rinse until water runs clear and then pat dry.
Scrubbing removes some of the skin’s protection. Make sure to apply a moisturisers with SPF especially during the summer months as you will avoid both sunburn and skin damage. Lastly never use before an important engagement, no-one wants to arrive red faced at dinner or on a first date.
“Moisturiser makes a difference to skin quality. It wards of premature ageing, gives a glow and sexy smooth appearance”
A good moisturiser is crucial to a good skin care regime. Moisturisers help to keep the skin elastic as well as less prone to dryness and wrinkles
Protect your skin through daily use of a moisturiser. It will act as a barrier against atmospheric elements. Its simple its speedy and it can make a real difference.
Refresh nightly by applying before bed (after drinking a large glass of water) You will wake up looking rested and energised for the day ahead
Stop the clock by choosing a moisturiser with SPF ( sun protection factor)
It is one of the best ways of warding off lines crows feet and the effects of premature ageing. After all if you don’t always act your age why should you have to look it?
This article was originally published on The Grooming Guide.com