- 12 Eggs
- 1½ C Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Vanilla Beans
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tsp freshly grated Nutmeg, plus more for sprinkling
- 1½ to 2 C Bourbon
- ¾ to 1 C Brandy
- 4 C Milk
- 2 C Cream
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Set the whites aside for later and add the yolks to a large bowl. Add the sugar and salt to the yolks and whisk by hand or mix with an electric mixer until the yolks are thick and pale yellow and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Slice the vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Stir the seeds into the eggs, along with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whisk in the bourbon and brandy. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- After the three hours, stir the milk into the boozy egg yolks.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks and fold the cream into the eggnog.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them into the eggnog as well. Return the eggnog to the refrigerator and chill until it’s time to serve it up for some holiday cheer.
Recipe found at Peaches Please